Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Charles Stross


Charles Stross is relatively new to the speculative fiction scene. But boy is he prolific, and has he made his prescence known. In just a few short years, he has become the darling of the Hugos. He won Best novella in 2005 for The Concrete Jungle, and he is nominated this year for Accelerando, which is near the top of my to be read pile. I have however read the two novels so far released in The Merchant Princes series. The series takes 2 parts Zelazny and one part Puzo and combines them in a delightful and entertaining amalgam. The Merchant Princes consists so far of The Family Trade, The Hidden Family, and the soon to be released, The Clan Corporate

I got the pleasure of meeting Mr. Stross at this year's Boskone. Unfortunately I didn't arrive in time to stand him up for drinks like the rest of my friends. perhaps the next con. Posted by Picasa

No comments: