Monday, September 25, 2006

John M. Ford 1957-2006


R.I.P. to Mike Ford who passed away this morning. It was reported on Making Light today.


Mike was a local author whom I had to end up going to Boston to meet. I only got to talk to him for the few moments it took him to sign my books, but he was very gracious and engaging. Other authors such as Elizabeth Bear, Steven Brust, and Charles Stross are lamenting his loss on the LJ circuit. This truly is a great loss for Speculative Fiction. Mike wrote two of the best books, I've ever read in The Dragon Waiting, and The Last Hot Time. He also has several collections of short stories, as well as a couple of the most highly regarded Star Trek novels ever to his credit.

Its criminal that authors such as Terry Goodkind and Robert Newcombe achieve such commercial success, while a man like Mike Ford toils in obscurity. If you have never read Ford, go out and do it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

смотреть порно фильмы опкончался!!
http://ejes.pp.ua
порновидео срывают целку онлайн http://ehidstvo.pp.ua


а вы?

Anonymous said...

http://markonzo.edu Your Site Is Great!, ashley furniture [url=http://jguru.com/guru/viewbio.jsp?EID=1536072]ashley furniture[/url], kgbgli, allegiant air [url=http://jguru.com/guru/viewbio.jsp?EID=1536075]allegiant air[/url], savtyld, pressure washers [url=http://jguru.com/guru/viewbio.jsp?EID=1536078]pressure washers[/url], iqmpwtu, dishnetwork [url=http://jguru.com/guru/viewbio.jsp?EID=1536080]dishnetwork[/url], dtssdoa, adt security [url=http://jguru.com/guru/viewbio.jsp?EID=1536076]adt security[/url], amvdqho,