I just got back from Worldcon today and I'm incredibly glad I went. I had a great time as a collector and a fan. My fan report is posted in my LJ.
For my official con experience, I spent most of it in lines to get books signed. Over the course of Friday through Sunday I managed to get books signed by the following.
George R.R. Martin
Ray Bradbury
Anne McAffrey
Joe Halderman
Robert Charles Wilson
P.C. Hodgell
Larry Niven
Tim Powers
Barbara Hambly
Glen Cook
Vernor Vinge
I also neglected to bring A Shadow in Summer and River of Gods but Daniel Abraham and Ian MacDonald were gracious enough to sign bookplates for me.
Due to all the queuing, I missed all of GRRM's panels. The only other official events I went to were the BwB's Human Chess Match between Martin and Abraham, in which I was a participant, the Hugo Awards ceremony, and Ray Bradbury "Himself".
I picked up a few Books in the Dealers Room. I bought the first Black Company book from Glen Cook himself. I also picked up a trade edition of Dhalgren by Delany. Finally I hadn't gotten around to Reading Spin yet, and I was going to pick up a copy for Wilson to sign, but after it won Hugo, all the dealers seemed to sell out of that book. Instead I picked up a short story collection of his to have him sign.
I will write up a Hugo awards report later.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment